How Can
We Help?

Frequently Asked Questions

Ink Fingerprinting

I need to get my fingerprints sent to a different state, can I get Live Scan? Back to top

Unfortunately, the state governments do not allow businesses in outside states to transmit fingerprints across state borders. Live Scan is only accepted if the fingerprints are taken in the same state that is receiving the Live Scan transaction.

However, many states accept ink fingerprinting for fingerprint applicants that are not located in within the same state. Contact your requesting agency to find out how you can get your fingerprints taken if you are out of state.

For California, the DOJ website has the Form BCIA 8705 with instructions;

If I have my fingerprints printed on an ink card, do I have to mail it myself or can you mail it for me? Back to top

You would have to mail it in yourself. Your requesting agency should give you instructions to either mail it to their headquarters or directly to the state or federal government.

Some locations may provide shipping and mailing services separate from the fingerprinting service. Please inquire with the staff of the fingerprinting locations before or during your visit.