Effective January 11, 2020
- Types of Information Collected.We collect two types of information from users of our Site: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
- Personally Identifiable Information. This is information that identifies you as a specific customer or user of the Site. In order to access certain parts of the Site, you will be required to enroll as an applicant. During the enrollment process you may be asked to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name, email address and phone number if applicable. For services such as online enrollment, we also request and store credit card or other payment account information, address and telephone information.
We partner with a third party ad network to manage our advertising on other sites. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt-out by clicking Here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.
- Uses of Information Collected.We use the information collected on the Site for a variety of purposes, including: providing the services and/or customer support you request, resolving disputes and troubleshooting problems, enforcing our agreements, doing research to protect and improve our services, and notifying you via email of surveys, new features, updates and promotional offers. We may also use certain data for administrative and analytical purposes such as Site management. We may also use Personally Identifiable Information to offer you other services, promotions, surveys or other opportunities from PSM or affiliated companies.
- Sharing of Information Collected. We may share the information that we collect from and about you in a variety of ways, as follows:
- Partners.We may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information (e.g., via cookies) with partners who choose to list their goods, services or promotions on the Site, or with whom we affiliate in order to provide you with certain services. The affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
- Third Party Vendors.We employ third party vendors and service providers to assist us in developing, hosting and maintaining our Site and databases, advertising, sending and receiving email and other communications, and analyzing data. These third parties may have access to Personally Identifiable Information as reasonably necessary to perform these services, but they are not allowed to use that information except for the purposes of providing these services for us. The following third party vendors may have access to Personally Identifiable Information in the course of providing services to PSM: Zoho CRM (a database tool used to save customer information, including First Name, Last Name, Email, and Phone Number); Mail Chimp (an email management system which maintains records of First Name, Last Name and Email); USA ePay (a payment gateway used to store payment information, including First Name, Last Name, Mailing Address, Phone Number, Credit Card Number and Expiration Date).
- Compliance with Law.In connection with legal process, such as a court order, subpoena, official investigation or otherwise as required by law, we may be required to disclose certain Personally Identifiable Information to third parties. We may also report to law enforcement authorities any conduct we believe to be illegal, and may release Personally Identifiable Information to law enforcement authorities if we suspect it is related to unlawful conduct, or if necessary to protect our rights or property or to protect the safety of our employees or others. We may also release Personally Identifiable Information as part of a dispute resolution process.
- Security.Certifix employs a variety of security measures to protect your information, including encryption, passwords, physical security, etc. We restrict access to personal information to Certifix employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations. When you submit sensitive information to us, such as credit card, bank account or log-in information, we protect the transfer of that information through industry standard encryption technology (“SSL”). However, no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts to insure the safety and security of your personal information, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Therefore, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you submit to us. You will be required to select a secure password when registering, in order to use all the features of the Site. Please be sure to choose your password with care. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters and do not disclose your password to anyone. Certifix is not liable for loss of passwords due to user carelessness. If you believe your password has been compromised, please change it immediately.
We will retain your information for as long as is needed to provide you with services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we also allow you to opt-out of future newsletter or other marketing and survey emails by following the link to the URL provided at the end of each email you receive and following the opt-out procedure specified there, or by emailing us at email@example.com. We reserve the right to continue sending you certain emails related specifically to your account or to Site administration and service even after you have exercised your opt-out rights.
- a. Certifix cannot control and is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of websites that might be linked to our Site, or which show as links on our Site. Please read the privacy statements of each linked site prior to submitting Personally Identifiable Information to that site.
Phone: (800) 710-1934
If we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is our policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Certifix and an individual.
In addition, Certifix has appointed an internal Data Protection Officer for you to contact if you have any questions or concerns about Certifix’s personal data policies or practices. The Certifix data protection officer can be contacted using by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information Related to Data Collected through the Certifix Live Scan Services. In providing our Services, Certifix collects and processes 3rd party personally identifiable information under the direction of our customers. We have no ownership of this information or any direct relationship with individuals whose personally identifiable information may be processed as part of providing our Service.
An individual who seeks access to this data, seeks to correct, amend or delete inaccurate data or wishes to opt-out of communications from a Certifix customer should direct his/her query to the Certifix Customer he/she interacts with directly (the data controller). If a Certifix customer requests that we remove personally identifiable information on their behalf, we will respond to their request within 30 days.
Certifix may transfer personal information to other companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the provisions in this Policy regarding notice and choice and the service agreements with our customer.
Certifix will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers for as long as needed to provide services and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Customers who use the Services offered on our Site in a business context may submit the personal information of other individuals at their organization to register them as authorized users. It is the customer’s obligation, as the data controller, to inform its authorized users about the purposes for which information about them is collected and may be used on this Service. Authorized users can update or remove their account information at any time by logging into the Site and editing their account information, or by contacting their administrator.